What is one of the oldest positions in local government?
The municipal clerk!
The first week in March is nationally recognized as Municipal Clerks week. In recognition of this, our clerks recommitted themselves to the vital work they do by taking the municipal clerk's oath (again). Municipal clerks are the local government staff who:
• Maintain the official council minutes, ordinance books and all records and documents.
• Index all official actions of council.
• Issue licenses and permits.
• Process contracts and agreements.
• Keep community history and vital records.
• Administers elections, registration and voting.
In SoBu, our clerks are City Clerk Donna Kinville, Deputy City Clerk Laura Kimball, and Assistant City Clerk Deb Woodward.
A HUGE shoutout for all the hard work, dedication, and enthusiasm that our SoBu clerks bring to this important work! So, next time you are at City Hall, stop by and say hi to the team and thank them for the "behind the scenes" work they do all year.